Sunday, January 8, 2012

Christmas and baby update.

Christmas is over with. I'm honestly kind of excited about that because I was looking forward to celebrating it and everything but a big part of me just wanted it to be over so that we were one step closer to having the baby. Nevertheless it was a great day for my family to spend together and we had a lot of fun. Kyle had 2 weeks off of school and we got to just enjoy him being home. Lucy loved opening presents and LOVED what we got her. I knew she would though. We only got her a couple things but she has played with them all nonstop since Christmas. It was a very special day for sure. You can check out the pictures on my facebook.

 I'm 37 weeks and 5 days right now. My poor mom came a week ago (about 5 days before she was planning on coming) because we found out I was dilated to 4cm and I started having some pretty painful cramping and contractions but nothing has happened. I was in the same boat with Lucy but I didn't have any contractions with her like I've had now. We've been having fun though. Lucy is in complete heaven having her here. I don't find it coincidental at all that since my mom has been here she has learned what an "owie" is. Not just an owie like when she cries after getting hurt but that she will continue to point to it for the next couple days and say "ow" and want you to kiss it. There has been no lack of sympathy for that little girl that's for sure. She's eating it all up though. She does deserve it so I don't mind. She's had to put up with her useless pregnant mom for the last couple months and she's going to have to deal with her useless mom again soon enough when she has to share her time with her little brother.

 In other Lucy news she is officially 18 months today and got to go to nursery for the first time. I was shocked when we left her and she didn't cry at all, just watched us leave. She is very very attached to Kyle and I since we are pretty much the only people in her life. I wish so bad I had a video of her in there and see how she reacted to everything. I was told by both the nursery workers that she did excellent and just kind of observed what was going on. She's always our little quiet observer in situations like that. If a situation is new, no matter how much she likes it she just sits back and takes it all in.

I guess this was suppose to be a baby update but it turned into a Lucy post. She is obviously the center of attention at all times in our home still so I guess it's fitting. She will have to share the spotlight soon enough. Well hopefully for all of our sakes it is soon enough. Until next time!





No comments:

Post a Comment